Thursday, February 25, 2010

Life and Making Plans

 

 

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."  John Lennon

 

Perhaps few have noticed, but life has caused me to be absent from these pages and the greater blogosphere for the past few weeks.  I recently had surgery that has left me tired, listless, and in general, not a very happy camper.  The doctor had warned me that the recovery time would be about six weeks but I assumed his prediction applied to all his other patients but certainly not me.  At this point in time, it appears that he may be more right than wrong!

As I awaited surgery, I told myself that the recovery period would be a great time for blogging, reading, and watching a couple of Netflix DVDs that have been sitting on the shelf much of the winter.  Perhaps in another week or so I will begin to feel more like my former self and find the energy and motivation to begin posting on a more consistent basis. 

Until then, I will leave you with the words of  Garrison Keillor:  “Be well, do good work, and keep in touch.”

5 comments:

Earl said...

Steve, you've been missed and I've checked by this blog several times to see if there was any updates.

Follow the doctors orders and make a full recovery. We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers! :-)

Paul said...

Take it easy, Steve. We always seem to think that 'it', whatever 'it' is, doesn't apply to us. :-) Be well!

monstev said...

Wondered what happened to you, now we know. I would also suggest you do as the doc says, even though you and I are not one of his other patients. Take care and get well soon!

Pamela said...

how goes it?

Steve Skinner said...

The doctor says that I'm mending and should be at 100% in a few weeks.