Friday, November 29, 2013

Giving Thanks

I was out for my afternoon walk on Wednesday when I encountered one of our local homeless men sitting in front of the book store.  We have become acquainted over the years as he hangs out in the local coffee shop I frequent in the early morning.  As I greeted him, he interrupted me and blurted out, “I hope that you have a happy Thanksgiving!”

As I continued my walk, I reflected on how blessed my life has become.  Despite that fact that there are things I want on a daily basis, there is nothing that I truly need.  It doesn’t get much better than that my friends. 

4 comments:

monstev said...

Yes, want and need have very different meanings to us.

Steve Skinner said...

Monte, at times our list of wants are nearly endless.

Deanna said...

Well put Steve! I hope you and yours had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Steve Skinner said...

Wishing the same for you and yours Deanna!