Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Saint Patrick’s Day On The Coast


Not being Irish, I never really understood St. Patrick’s day and all things green, but why let a little thing like understanding ruin your day. So in honor of St. Patrick, I decided to see if I could find something green to photograph in honor of the patron saint. As it turned out, today was not the day for color of any sort because the skies were shrouded in deep overcast. At times, the overcast was broken by periods of intense showers which even included hail. A great day for photography!

The photo was taken from the banks of the Columbia River about thirteen miles east of Astoria. I seriously doubt the patron saint ever wander in these parts. If he did, it’s unlikely that he saw much in the way of green during mid-March.

3 comments:

Amy said...

There are probably vistas in Ireland that look like your photo.

I celebrated my 49th b-day yesterday. I'm proud to be a St. Paddy's Day baby!

Shelby said...

well, it is a beautiful if not green scene of the mighty river of the West. Thanks for sharing.

Shelby said...

oh that is a great quote.. come spring soon!