- Where is the drug store? If you are from the United Kingdom you might call it a chemist.
- Where is the "old fashion" JC Penneys I have heard about?
- Where can I get a cup of coffee?
- Where can I get Internet access?
- Where is the shopping mall?
- Do you have a good brew pub near by?
- How do you get to the Goonie's House?
- Where can I get an international calling card?
- Is there some where I can purchase electronics?
If you have never heard of the Goonie's House, you apparently are over the age of say thirty. At any rate, the movie titled The Goonies was filmed in Astoria in the mid-1980s and a local house served as a major set location. The movie has a sort of cult following that honestly I fail to understand, but then I could never be accused of being Hollywood's biggest fan either.I have to admit that getting to meet so many fun people who traveled long distances to visit Astoria will likely be the high point for me when I close the cover on the book of 2008. I will also be anxiously awaiting cruise season 2009 which begins on April 3oth.
Now to the two of you who may be reading this post, perhaps you are wondering about the picture I have included. Could it perhaps be a crucial part of a ship or is it a symbol for the strength of the cruise host volunteers? Sorry to say, it's neither. I was waiting to meet a friend for lunch last week and noticed some very old industrial equipment near by, so this is how I spent twenty minutes.