- The early excitement of planning
- Joy and exuberance as the project begins
- Set backs early on day number one
- The arrival of reality on day two; what was I thinking!
- Acceptance on day three; now you started it, you have to finish it!
And so it goes with my plan to wall paper and paint the bedroom, living room, and the dining room before summer's end.
Actually, the wall paper peeled from the wall without too much difficulty. The paper's backing and the glue's residue were another story. I spent about ten hours scrapping off the old glue; as you might have guessed, I nicked the wall in several places. The next step will be patching and sanding each of the nicks and gouges before even opening a can of paint.
Oh how the joys of home ownership are never ending!